Monday, August 25, 2008

My First Blog

So, if you know me...then you know that I have an opinion about everything. My opinions and thoughts just seem to leak out spontaneously....NO! jump out spontaneously! I can't help it. Well, I guess I could if I really wanted.

Anyway, this is my first blog. Not real sure why I'm doing this...other than it's a class assignment. (sorry Alec). I mean...when your life is kinda an open book like mine, then what is the point?

It's kinda a strange thing for everyone to know your personal thoughts, other than those that I seem to just blurt out. I was wondering in class today how my Grama would think it's hilarious to blog or twitter...or whatever you call it! She raised me...for the most part, and she taught me just to say what's on my mind...good or bad. Maybe that's what is unique about me...because for the life of me, I couldn't think of a single thing that was unique about me today in class! How pitiful is that?

I could think of a million things that are fascinating or unique about others, like my husband....but not me. I would rather be a GREAT kind of ordinary than a POOR kind of unique!

Okay, my bio: My name is Misty Jo. I will be 36 this year. I have been married almost 9 years. I have been in the ministry my entire life. I am a multi-generational, fundamental, devout Christian. Trust me...I'll know you better by your Spirit than by your Earthly attributes. My goals tend to be Eternal in nature. I believe America's definition of success is warped. I was born in Charleston to a military family. My Grama, my aunt, and my brother are my life.

BLOGGING....I think I may be figuring it out. I think it's for people who are trying to get to know themselves better....not for those of us who already know ourselves! LOL

That said, let's talk politics...or communications thereof. Political communications is over-glorified persuasion speech. Just lay it out there, people! Why do we complicate things? I don't like political speeches, in general. It will take me the entire semester to figure out why.....other than they are fake and not written by the actual person given the speech. Right? If I gave a presentation in class based on another's words, IUSB would kick me out. Right? Come on...you communications ppl....explain this to me.

Okay, so this is my first blog. Did I do this right?! Hope so. Looking forward to an interesting semester.

No comments: